Vacancy Announcement in the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Date of announcement: 13 October 2017
Last date of Submission: 27 October 2017
Shakti Samuha is the first anti-human trafficking organization established in 1996 by the survivors of trafficking. Shakti Samuha is established with the mission to act as a supportive organization to involve affected women and children and those at high risk of human trafficking in anti-human trafficking campaign to ensure & protect the rights of survivor through awareness, organizing and empowering themselves. Shakti Samuha is seeking qualified, committed and self-motivated Nepalese citizen candidate for the vacant position of Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator.
Job Location: Based in Kathmandu
No. of Vacancies: 1 (One)
Educational Qualification: University Degree in Administration, Information Management, Project Management, Finance or another relevant academic background (essential), Master’s Degree (desirable)
Experience: Min. 2 to 3 years work experience in similar field.
Purpose of the Position
The M&E Coordinator will support all Monitoring and Evaluation of the projects, data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish for all programs and projects. S/he will provide technical field support to the M&E unit, within the Program Department. The M&E Coordinator will work closely with Program teams to assess field conditions, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data under the supervision of the M&E Coordinator. S/he may be assigned to focus on supporting more specific grants or projects.
S/he will collaborate with the Executive Director and Program Coordinator as assigned and/or the Program Coordinator in reviewing and preparing monthly, quarterly and final narrative and financial donors’ reports. Additionally, s/he will replace or work with other members of the team, as need be, on grants writing and set up, follow up of program expenses and indicators, implementation of processes, standard operating procedures and any other tasks given to her/him by the Executive Director and Program Coordinator.
Skills & Abilities
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingual in English (essential)
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English and Nepali
1. Grant and/or Program Management Support
- Support all M&E initiatives for assigned project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
2. System Development
- Create a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Program staff.
- Assist Program staff and the Program Coordinator in clarifying project information needs.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, and M&E manuals, Checklists)
- To review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
3. Data Management and Analysis
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of Programs and to verify the accuracy of the report.
- To ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support and participate in program and project evaluations.
4. Communication and Reporting
- Reviewing donor reports to ensure high-quality reports are submitted on time for this grant/program.
- Assist Program Development/Grants Management in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Review and analyze weekly reports with the M&E Manager to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance the quality of reporting.
Interested and competent applicants are requested to submit i) A cover letter ii) Updated Curriculum Vitae should reach by 27 October 2017. Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This vacancy is also available on our website & facebook page; www.shaktisamuha.org.np & Shakti Samuha Nepal https://www.facebook.com/ssnepal.
Telephone queries will not be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process. Application without complete documentation shall not be eligible for short-listing. Salary will be negotiable.
“Shakti Samuha strongly encourages and gives priority to the qualified women from Dalit, ethnic, minorities group and the victim of the earthquake to apply for this position.”