Vacancy Announcement in the post of Psycho-Social Counselor
Date of announcement: 13 October 2017
Last date of Submission: 27 October 2017
Shakti Samuha is the first anti-human trafficking organization established in 1996 by the survivors of trafficking. Shakti Samuha is established with the mission to act as a supportive organization to involve affected women and children and those at high risk of human trafficking in anti-human trafficking campaign to ensure & protect the rights of survivor through awareness, organizing and empowering themselves. Shakti Samuha is seeking qualified, committed and self-motivated Nepalese female candidate for the vacant position of Psycho-social counselor. 1-Job Title: Psycho-Social Counselor Job Location: Based in Kathmandu No. of vacancies: 1 (One) Education qualification: Bachelor in psychology or in any relevant field (Compulsory 6 months psychosocial counseling training from reputed organization) Experience Required: 2 years of experience in related field. Major Responsibilities:
- Understand the complexities of psychosocial emotions that survivors of trafficking/CSEC may have by spending time with the survivors formally and informally
- Conduct psychosocial assessment of the survivors who have just come to the Shelter home.
- Provide professional individual as well as group counseling to the survivors residing at Shelter Home and referred cases and maintain records of those sessions.
- Provide counseling to the survivors’ families when needed.
- Provide Counseling Orientation to staffs and residents.
- Coordinate and Communicate with different NGOs regarding Counseling.
- Work as the team in Counseling, Publication, Training, hostel Management and recreational committee and child protection committee.
- Advocacy on Child’s Right and orientation to staffs on child protection issues.
- Participate actively in the regular case management meetings and help plan activities with the survivor and personnel from other departments for each case.
- Be part of the escort team, when needed, for the repatriation.
- Keep regular contact with the counselor of the sending organization to get needed information about the survivor sent to Shelter home.
- Supervise Recreational Person.
- Prepare monthly report of the counseling part amongst other services provided at Shelter Home.
- Work as focal person for the counseling for Shelter home in Kathmandu.
- Develop Psychosocial Counseling Curriculum.
- Maintain case histories of the residents with the help of Case Manager.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the organization.
- Follow up with other shelter homes run by Shakti Samuha and do the proper documentation.
Skills & Abilities
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingual in English (essential)
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English and Nepali
4. Communication and Reporting
- Support to the case manager to prepare the case management and support to the project coordinator to prepare the report.
Interested and competent applicants are requested to submit i) A cover letter ii) Updated Curriculum Vitae should reach by 27 October 2017. Please apply via email to email@example.com. This vacancy is also available on our website & facebook page; www.shaktisamuha.org.np & Shakti Samuha Nepal https://www.facebook.com/ssnepal. Telephone queries will not be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process. Application without complete documentation shall not be eligible for short-listing. Salary will be negotiable.
“Shakti Samuha strongly encourages and gives priority to the qualified women from Dalit, ethnic, minorities group and the victim of the earthquake to apply for this position.”