Vacancy Announcement for the post of Admin and Finance Officer
Shakti Samuha is a non-governmental organization established by survivors of trafficking, which has been working against the trafficking of women and children in Nepal since 1996. Since 2007 Shakti Samuha has been implementing the project for Girl Victims of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation, in Pokhara, Kaski. Shakti Samuha invites application from qualified Nepali citizens for the following posts based in Pokhara:
Duty Station: Regional Office (Pokhara)
- Prepare vouchers, carry out data entry in a computerized accounting system, filing.
- Handle petty cash, carry out banking transactions, arrange payments to suppliers etc.
- Prepare payroll, Tax, and Provident Fund deposits, E-TDS filling.
- Prepare bank/cash reconciliation and other financial statements as required.
- Follow up with creditors and debtors.
- Assist Project coordinator in Budget preparation.
- Support and coordinate with Finance Manager in the central office in preparation for Audit and other financial issues.
- Financial reporting to donor and government.
- Oversee daily administrative.
- Ensure basic office and shelter facilities i.e. telephone, electricity, water, internet etc.
- Oversee and ensure maintenance of office and shelter assets including IT equipment
- Arrange procurement of office and shelter supplies
- Arrange travel, accommodation, and other travel services for staff.
- Logistic arrangement in organizing workshops and training in different levels.
- Keep staff leave record and report to the Project Coordinator.
- Support Project coordinator and other staffs in organizing events and activities for children.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum two years experience in related field
- Good IT skills, in particular, MS Excel and accounting software-FAMAS.
- Knowledge in maintaining computer networks and basic IT troubleshooting will be advantageous.
- Openness and flexible in working hours
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English and Nepali.
- Ability to work under pressure
Applicants should submit their CV along with a covering letter stating the reasons they consider themselves a suitable candidate for the post by 5:00 PM within a week from the date of the vacancy announcement.
Date of advertisement 30 January 2018
Last date of Advertisement 2 February 2018